Cell banks cultured to exceptional quality and consistency, available when you need them most, with next day sample dispatch as standard.
World Class Cell Culture Service
Cryoniss, which provides temperature-controlled biological sample storage and logistics solutions, has formed a collaboration with leading microbiology testing lab and contract research organisation, Perfectus Biomed Group, to launch a world class cell culture service. This alliance brings a unique blend of scientific expertise, a mutual focus on quality and shared values and ethics.
The collaboration sees Cryoniss move beyond storage and logistics, giving it control of the full sample management lifecycle for the first time and enabling it to ensure cell and data integrity for its customers in the pharma, biotech and scientific research communities.
Trust Cryoniss To Deliver Your Qualified Cell Banks.
At Cryoniss, our mission has always been split between ensuring the quality of samples is maintained to the highest standards whilst under our governance, whilst removing as much non-value added time from our customers, so that researchers can focus on the innovative science.
This is why Cryoniss has delivered this cell culture service, in collaboration with Perfectus Biomed Group, to offer end-to-end cell culture services to our customers.
With a simple request, Cryoniss can coordinate the culturing of your cell lines to your specifications, providing fully qualified cell lines for your team’s access.
Due to the extensive experience, resource and agility of the cell culture team, bespoke requests are easily accommodated, should these be a large assay-ready cryopreserved cell bank, live cells for a translational study, or just a standard master or working bank, trust Cryoniss to deliver this for you.
Shared Values, Ethics and Quality.
Sonia Houghton, co-founder and CEO at Cryoniss, said the alliance with Perfectus Biomed Group was based on shared values and ethics, along with a mutual focus on quality.
“We have a well-established relationship with Perfectus Biomed Group and we’re excited to be working with them to expand our service offering through the launch of cell culture services,” she said.
“This latest collaboration gives us the ability, for the first time, to support our customers with the generation of high-quality cell banks, providing them assurance that their cells are free from contaminants.
“We are now better equipped than ever to respond to our customers’ needs in an agile and responsive way and give them confidence that the samples they’re working with will produce excellent, reliable data.
As a business our over-arching aim is to enable exceptional science and this collaboration with the talented and knowledgeable team at Perfectus supports that vision perfectly.”
Samantha Westgate, CEO at Perfectus Biomed Group, added: “We have an excellent relationship with Cryoniss and it’s a pleasure to be collaborating on this latest project, leveraging the expertise that exists across the two businesses.
This collaboration allows us to offer a complete cell banking service that meets our clients’ needs; access when required, long-term cryogenic storage and quality-controlled cell banks in accordance with latest ATCC standard.”
Why Trust Cryoniss With Your Cell Banks?
Trust Cryoniss to protect your brand and reputation. Working in collaboration with Perfectus Biomed, Cryoniss provide a complete end-to-end cell banking solution, ensuring the viability and quality of the cells at every stage.
From shipment between labs, culturing and cryopreservation to best practice techniques, alongside secure storage in our world-class, vapour phase liquid nitrogen facility.
In-vitro cell cultures are a vital resource in scientific research & development. Their importance has increased in recent years due to an on-going focus to reduce animal testing and due to their usage in highly reproducible, high throughput, In vitro assays.
Cell cultures are an excellent scientific tool however, maintaining a cell line in continuous or extended culture can increases the risk of contamination, research errors and inappropriate and costly research conclusions.
As many as 31% of cell cultures used by laboratories are estimated to be contaminated with Mycoplasma and/or a second cell line.
Working with an expert service provider to generate high quality cell banks helps to ensure the accuracy of your data and to de-risk research decision milestones within your organisation1.
How the Cell Bank Collaboration Between Cryoniss & Perfectus Biomed Works
A standard cell bank quality control package includes:
- Mycoplasma screening
- Cell line authentication
- Cell sterility analysis
- Total cell count, viable cell count and viability data
- Post-thaw growth curve and visual cell sterility check
- Morphology check and accompanying image at 70% confluency
Additional screens are also available upon request:
- Human viral screens
- Mouse viral screens
- Cell banks can be fully tailored to your company’s needs; whether that be a large-scale assay ready bank, or a live cell supply. Trust Cryoniss to deliver high quality cell lines to your labs when you need them, keeping your project timelines on track.
Why Choose Cryoniss for your Cell Bank?
- With over 20 years’ experience of managing AstraZeneca’s cell supply, Cryoniss’ management team have developed this service in collaboration with the expert team at Perfectus Biomed, based on extensive scientific and project management experience of delivering cell banks to support critical project timelines. Whether it is a scheduled HTS, or an in vivo experiment, we understand the financial, ethical and subsequent downstream impacts if we do not deliver a high-quality cell bank to you when you need it.
- Perfectus Biomed are a GLP and ISO 9001 compliant contract research organisation with expertise in developing and delivering bespoke assay builds. With specialist departments, with expertise in cellular, molecular and microbiology, Perfectus have the expertise and capability required to support the generation and qualification of high-quality bespoke cell banks to the scientific community.
- Only fully qualified cell banks will gain sign-off for release for your scientists to work with.
- With a single email request, Cryoniss will coordinate all the cell culture and quality control testing work with Perfectus, and notify your team when cells are ready for ordering from our team. Of course, we’ll provide you with updates of progress at every stage of the process.
- Have full visibility of your samples via our secure, HIPAA and GLP compliant inventory management system.
- Just place an order by 11am the prior working day and we’ll dispatch the vials for you to an address of your choice the next morning. Alternatively, telephone your account manager if you need the cells on the road immediately.
As a Northwest-based bioscience company, Cryoniss offers end-to-end lifecycle management, including temperature-critical storage and logistics management, of preclinical and clinical biological samples and regulated medicinal drug products. The company’s world-class facilities at Alderley Park Bioscience Park and The Heath Business and Technical Park in Runcorn provide resilient and secure storage for all biological materials, from ambient temperature down to -196˚C.
Next-day or same-day access to samples is standard for UK customers and specialist services are available to clients on a 24/7/365 basis. As scientists, the team at Cryoniss care about the research generated by the scientific community.
Outstanding customer service is Cryoniss’ primary focus and priority, driven by its deep domain experience in the life sciences sector. Cryoniss’ quality philosophy fosters an agile and responsive culture that strives to ensure the safety and integrity of every sample.
Founded in 2018, Cryoniss has facilities at the Alderley Park bioscience campus near Macclesfield and The Heath Business and Technical Park in Runcorn. Earlier this year the company announced that it was targeting accelerated growth after securing a £500,000 investment from NPIF – Maven Equity Finance, managed by Maven Capital Partners and part of the Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF).
About Perfectus Biomed
Perfectus Biomed Group, which provides both standard and customised microbiological testing services, celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year. The company operates a UKAS-accredited, GLP complaint and ISO 9001-certified lab at Daresbury Science Park, specialising in developing fit-for-purpose experiments that mimic real-life scenarios. In 2020 it merged with a laboratory based in Wyoming, US, expanding its service offering and geographical foothold.
Perfectus Biomed Group is a leading international contract research organisation that supports the medical device and biopharma industries through microbiology and biological testing services.
The company has extensive experience in providing scientific excellence with a commercial edge to a variety of sectors. Microbiological services including bacteriology, virology, and cell biology.
The company’s test data is used for regulatory submissions, product efficacy testing, research and development and claims substantiation. A market leader in ISO 17025 accredited biofilm testing and innovative ex vivo tissue models, Perfectus Biomed Group has a dedicated team that prides itself on its client-focused approach and its reputation as a dependable contract research organisation that delivers innovative science.
Want to find out more ?
To talk to us about our services and how they can best benefit your business, please get in touch